Thursday, October 1, 2009

Farewell Summer

I know summer has been over for a while but I wanted to post some more pictures of our fantastic summer to give it a proper farewell and get me ready to welcome in the upcoming holidays.

For the 4th of July Nick and I went to Driggs to spend time with his family. He's been wanting to take me to the hot air balloon festival ever since we got married and we finally made it this year. We got up extra early and drove to the fairgrounds to watch everyone fill up their balloons and get them ready for launch. It was really impressive to see the whole process.

Nick got this picture on his cell phone and it was one of my favorites.

It was really cool to watch the balloons float right over us.

I really enjoyed the balloons and would highly recommend it to anyone.

We went fishing at Chesterfield Reservoir and had no luck, so we drove over to Toponce Creek and Nick tried his luck there while I took some pictures of nature.

For Nick's birthday in August he chose to go up to Pack Saddle Lake. We borrowed my Dad's 4 wheeler and Nick's family joined us. We rode the 4 wheelers down in and roasted hot dogs on the fire. We enjoyed fishing and then a little bit of swimming. Not too much swimming though. The water was freeeezing!!! and I'm not talking about "cold at first, but you get used to it". I mean it was like "go in for 30 seconds and come out numb." Ouch! We had fun anyway. We made good use of the fire warming up after the swim.
Look at all the little fishy's!

Cousin Billy and daughter Larissa (she out-fished everyone) , and Nick's Dad


We went 4 wheeling up Blackrock canyon while we were still borrowing my Dad's 4 wheeler and I'm not sure I've never seen so many wildflowers in my life. It was so pretty!
What a stud!


Have you ever seen a mountain goat in Swan Valley? Me neither. In fact Neither Nick or I had ever seen a mountain goat in the wild at all until we saw this big guy on our way to Driggs a few weeks ago. It was pretty cool to stop and watch him for a little while. He didn't even seem to care that we were there.

This is my new toy. Isn't it pretty?? This is my first gun. Nick was pretty excited when I decided to finally get one. I decided to go with a shotgun because I like to skeet shoot and I'd kind of like to go bird hunting someday. I've actually had it for about a month but last weekend was the first time I took it out and shot it. So far I like it and I'm sure I'll like it even more once I get more used to it.
Well, that pretty much concludes our summer. Although we had a ton of fun it's kind of nice for it to come to an end so we can have some relax time before all the frantic (but very enjoyable) holidays start. Happy fall to everyone!!

1 comments:

The Turnarounds said...

Wow, sounds like you guys had a great summer. I really liked the pictures of the hot air balloons. And nice gun! :)